The nature and quality of tourism in Lanarkshire has seen significant improvement over recent years. However, there is still a requirement to improve both the business performance and tourism image/information throughout the area. This Scheme provides hands-on support towards the development and delivery of rural tourism projects, in particular:
- Improving visitor information, rural visitor signage, product development and branding/themes, such as local food, walking and cycling.
- Community events development ensuring rural events become more sustainable
- Encouraging more joined up working between rural tourism businesses and providers,
- Supporting tourism business development including identifing funding
- Enhancing visitor information provision especially in relation to community involvement in providing the information
For more information contact: Adrienne McGeechan
Tel: 01698 453808 Email: